From: laurence raw <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2011, 16:13
Subject: Reviewer wanted for BBC Programme on Jane Austen

Dear All,

I am co-editing a book on Jane Austen and her global reinvention in the media to be published by Palgrave in 2012. In this connection, I am looking for someone to review Amanda Vickers' television programme on Austen, to be broadcast on the BBC at 9.00 on 23 December. What I am ideally looking for is a 750-1500 word critique, focusing especially on how Vickers reinvents Austen, and what techniques are used by the director to render the material accessible to contemporary viewers. Is/Are there particular shooting techniques (close-ups, fast cuts, use of music) used; is there a preference for reenacting scenes using actors' what is the role of the historian/ narrator in the overall mise-en-scene and so on.

The review would be published in the final anthology. If anyone is interested in doing it, could they please email me on [log in to unmask]?