For information of the list, what I have called the Titanium Road to Open access is briefly described as follows:

·       Keeping an corpus (opus?) of all the works produced as a researcher is a completely natural thing for a researcher

·       I fully expect (just as typewriter -> Word) that this archive box function will silently transition to the electronic social media such as Mendeley.

·       Open access to such corpus of work is trivial to achieve, though legality of OA to Versions of Record is questionable.

·       This process can be encouraged and facilitated.

·       If as many people used such functions as use Word to compose articles, we’d have close to 100% OA now!

·       Discovery is a non-issue.

My thinking which led to this conclusion was worked out in four unpublished essays, which if you are interested you can read at http://eprints.utas.edu.au/12526/ under the title “The Titanium Road Essays”.

Where I am going in the essays is not always clear, but I think they are entertaining and worth reading.

Arthur Sale

University of Tasmania, Australia