On 09/12/11 16:22, CHARLES OPPENHEIM wrote:
> I;ve been expecting someone to post something on this, but no-one has,
> so I will!
>
> Today's Government White Paper commits the Government to requiring that
> all outputs from research funded by public sector are made available by OA.
>
> See
> http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore/innovation/docs/i/11-1387-innovation-and-research-strategy-for-growth.pdf

Nice to see "Developer Challenges" being taken up as a route forward by
HMG (Exec. Summary 12) :-D

The UK is in a health place though... we currently have the facilities
for research funded by public sector to be made available by OA.... not
in a "seemlessly joined" way, but it *IS* there.

The challenge is to use it....

--

Ian Stuart.
Developer: Open Access Repository Junction and OpenDepot.org

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.