Hi HEROes

At the last HER Forum, the Chair, Chris Webster announced that moves are afoot to set up a Bespoke HER Users Group (BHUG). The aim of this group is for users to get together to discuss issues relating to development and use of their software, so experience and ideas can be shared, and also solutions to common issues can be explored. It is also suggested that BHUG could serve as a point of liaison for national organisations (eg EH, OASIS, PAS) to help ensure issues that effect BHUG members are properly considered by these organisations and projects as they develop.

It has been suggested that an inaugural meeting be held on the same date as the next Heritage Gateway User Group. The date of this has not been sent but is likely to be in February/March next year, and EH have offered to provide a venue, but the exact details and location are to be confirmed (as this is partly dependant on numbers).

In the first instance, this email is just to gauge the level of interest in such a group, and also to get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending the first meeting.

Its also to give a heads up that whilst I am happy to chair the first meeting, I would not be able to do so on an ongoing basis, so this also gives an opportunity for people to consider if they wish to be chair.

If you want to reply to me off list if you wish to attend/cant attend but support the group/don’t support the group as a bespoke user/don’t support the group as an other user/anything else you can think of then that would be helpful (eg topics fro discussion)

best wishes

Nick Boldrini

Historic Environment Record Officer

Archaeology Section

Design and Historic Environment Team

Planning Service

Regeneration and Economic Development

Durham County Council

Rivergreen Centre

Aykley Heads

Durham

DH1 5TS

Tel: 0191 3708840

Fax: 0191 3708897

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.