Hi GEMers,

This is a follow up to Gareths  posting about our new  e-interp web based
interpretive  courses.  I thought I would add some additional information
about each  course.

The current courses now available:

Introduction to Interpretation:  _http://bit.ly/introinterpretation_
(http://bit.ly/introinterpretation)
Planning Interpretive Panels: _http://bit.ly/interpretivepanels_
(http://bit.ly/interpretivepanels)

The attached flyer provides more details on the course content.  The
content of each course reflects the content of my current  live interpretive
courses that I have been teaching at Plas tan y Bwlch  (Snowdonia National Park
Training Center in Wales), and world-wide,  for  the past 20+ years.  They
provide a solid interpretive foundation on these  topics. The exciting
element is that e-interp provides interpretive training opportunities  to
interpreters world-wide who might not have access to live interpretive  training
opportunities, or who want course work on topics that no one else  teaches!

Two new interpretation courses are in preparation to be added to the
e-interp courses  collection:

-Planning Truly Interpretive Exhibits

-Developing effective marketing brochures for heritage sites and
attractions.

We hope to have these on line with cpd4education in January  2012.

In addition to these four interpretive courses, we have an additional  9
more to be developed and posted in 2012.  More details  on these course topics
are provided on the attached flyer, including  planning and conducting
guided tours/walks, and Interpretive Master  Planning.

All of these courses will use my new interpretive text books as an
"optional" text book. _http://museumsetc.com/products/interpretation_
(http://museumsetc.com/products/interpretation)   which will be sold at a discount to
course subscribers, as well as  additional on-line articles.

It is my hope that these courses will help give new or experienced
interpreters new tools, techniques and ideas to help  them  "provoke, relate, and
reveal" more successfully, but also  to understand what it truly means for
their messages, regardless of the media  used, to be "interpretive".  If you
have any questions about these or  future courses please feel free to contact
me.

John Veverka
Certified Interpretive Trainer
Certified Professional Heritage Interpreter
_www.heritageinterp.com_ (http://www.heritageinterp.com)