I am analyzing an old dti data set. I want to eventually use TBSS to analyze structural integrity differences amongst different groups. The problem is I can't tell which stage they are in. The subject folders all contain four dti images, two text files and 2 misc.:

 subjn_1.nii.gz, subjn_2.nii.gz, subjn_3.nii.gz, subjn_4.nii.gz,
bval.txt
bvec.txt
1.bval
1.bvec

I read the online instructions but, to start can't tell which of my three dti files I am supposed to use. I did a BET on all, but two seem to not work at all and the other two it seems to remove skull and other non-brain matter as expected. Is there a rule of thumb for visually determing which dti use (with fslview perhaps) to create my fa files and determine group tracking / integrity results?

Thanks