I tried both of the options suggested, but neither is working for me. I'm trying to average across all the subjects' functional scans, but with the fslmerge option, I get an error message displaying: Error in size-match along non-concatenated dimension. With the fslmaths option, it does not work either. Let me verify the command line for the fslmaths. Is it fslmaths subject1.nii subject2.nii etc -Tmean mean_subject?

Thanks