Apologies for cross-posting.

I am pleased to announce a new website dedicated to the scholarly study of stereoscopic (3D) media:

www.stereoscopicmedia.org

Based in the humanities, this website is a resource centre for research on 3D cinema, photography and other media. As the website develops, we aim to provide an extensive bibliography as well as links to other sources and projects.

A key part of the website will be a series of research provocations. These are short, open ended, idea pieces by stereoscopic media scholars. These provocations are musings and thoughts in progress, intended to spark response and debate. They ask for comments and questions in order to stimulate critical discussion in this field.

As part of our initial launch, the first three provocations are

Dr. Leon Gurevitch (Victoria University of Wellington): What is stereoscopic media?

Dr. Bruce Isaacs (University of Sydney): Technologies of new experience, On cinema, 3-D and the imaginary

Dr. Miriam Ross (Victoria University of Wellington): Where is the screen?

We welcome further contributions and if you are interested in participating in any way, please get in touch via the contacts section of the website.

Miriam Ross

--
http://vuw.academia.edu/MiriamRoss

-- Film-Philosophy After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the list -- Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference (6-8 July 2011): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ Contact: [log in to unmask] --