There is a distinct difference between qualifying professional bodies such as CIWEM that have minimum entry requirements and learned societies/member organisation such as the Society of Chemical Industry and BLRS which are one to anyone with an interest irrespective of background and qualifications.

Regards,

Mike Smith

From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of L.Warhurst
Sent: 01 December 2011 13:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EPUK Press release

Ann,

I am not sure "There is currently no other organisation which brings
together the public and private sectors along with private individuals
to work towards consensus in relation to key environmental issues."

CIWEM appears to me to do all these.

Kind regards,

Leigh Warhurst ACIWEM
Environmental Protection Technician - Land
Ashfield District Council