Greetings all (and apologies for cross posting),

*Critical Sociology*, through its Association for Critical Sociology web
page at www.criticalsociology.org, is uploading and updating its content
routinely.  Please check out the "Culture and Media" and "Classroom Tools"
pages for available material.  We are always looking for new material to
post, so contact me if you have ideas or suggestions.

In addition, we have initiated *Sınkrisis* is an open-access,
hyper-reviewed digital journal of critical social thought and research.
Sınkrisis is uniquely positioned to add breadth and depth to Critical
Sociology by adding a missing dimension: a scholarly format for authors
interested in reaching the largest possible audience, and is ideal a) for
experimental or unconventional works, b) for pieces too short for
traditional print outlets, c) for projects involving audio and video, d) as
well as works in progress that will benefit from the dynamic and continuous
potential opened up by digital technology. Sınkrisis is limited only by the
scholar’s imagination.  The first contribution is up, and we welcome
additional material and invite readers to comment.  Information on how to
submit material is available on that tab.

As many of you know, we are also including a "self-reporting" data base
about graduate programs with an explicit focus on critical or progressive
scholarship, or departments with a core of faculty willing and eager to
work with students on these sorts of topics.  If you know of or are part of
additional programs please let me know and I will post it on this list.
For the most part, these are programs in the US or UK, but other places are
represented.

Finally, as we become aware of calls for papers, conferences, and other
items of this nature, we post them on our announcement tab, which includes
a list of upcoming conferences that may interest our readers.  In addition,
"normal" journal information (tables of contents, lists of books for
review, etc) can be found on the Association pages.

All of the announcements, conferences, and additions to *Sınkrisis* are
routinely updated on our Facebook page.  If you are on Facebook, please
"like" us, and follow the journal and the association at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Critical-Sociology/109234272497897

Future plans include adding podcast and video interviews with authors,
adding information in alternative mediums like poetry and artwork, and
things we have yet to imagine.  I look forward to your contributions,
feedback and general thoughts.

Best regards,

--
Prof. David Fasenfest