Hi all

I was wondering what kind of policies institutions have in place for user error-type data retention? By this I do not mean system-wide backups for disaster recovery or user access to, say, the last year or two of their studies - but backups of individual courses in the sense that an academic who might have deleted an assignment and its submissions (or just a regular file) needs to get it back.

Does anyone manage this centrally? Or is it left to users and, say, training used to encourage individually-made backups? If it is done centrally, how long are backups kept? Could I request a file I've lost two weeks after I lost it? One month?

We're looking at this area generally, partly because we're looking at Blackboard Drive.

Any thoughts most appreciated
Best
Alex

Alex Osmond  AHEA  APMIC
Project Manager (VLE implementation)
SITS & Learning Technology | Academic Services
202 Wilfred Brown, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH
t: 01895 267957  e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Get updates on Brunel's Blackboard Learn implementation at the project blog: http://bbblearn.com<http://www.bbblearn.com/>
[cid:image001.gif@01CCB997.7B702890]<http://twitter.com/#!/bbblearn>  twitter.com/bbblearn