Dear Dr. Hall:
 How do I unsuscribe from this list?
Cheers
Julie Ross

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:32:27 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Buckwheat in Britain
To: [log in to unmask]

Charlotte

There are three records in the 'ABCD', though the first being the rather dubious one you mention from Roman Newstead.

The other two are

Fagopyrum sp. from medieval Moor House, London (Branch N, Vaughan-Williams A, Silva B, Green C and Williams A. 2006. Environmental analysis. 138-42 and Appendix 2, pp. 155-7. In:Butler J. 2006. Reclaiming the marsh. Archaeological excavations at Moor House, City of London 1998-2004. Pre-Construct Archaeol. Ltd Monogr. 6.)

and

Fagopyrum esculentum from the Mary Rose ship (Smith W and Green F J [with Tomlinson P and Dodd P]. 2005. Food, packing and plants on board: the archaeobotanical evidence. 588-602 and Appendix 3, pp. 677-95. In: Gardiner J [with Allen M] (ed.) 2005. Before the mast: life and death aboard the Mary Rose.Gardiner J [with Allen M] (ed.) 2005. Before the mast: life and death aboard the Mary Rose.)

The Shrewsbury record is clearly somewhere in the vast pile of reports not yet added to the ABCD!

Allan