Dear All

I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to watch the short film “That’s so Gay? Gay is the Word?” that was produced by the staff LGBT network and students at the University of Liverpool [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-A0uY1b4o]. Since uploading onto YouTube in October it has had 12,000 hits, which we are extremely impressed with and where not expecting.

Also, a few guidance documents on supporting LGB staff have been sent round the network this year, I also thought I would share our new Supporting LGB Staff guidance document with you all. We have tried to make it a useful document for managers to use. If you have any feedback or suggestions then please let me know (off list).

http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/documents/Managing_Diversity_Supporting_LGB_staff_guidance_FINAL_2011.doc

Regards

Darren

Darren Mooney BSc, MA

Diversity & Equality Officer

Human Resources

Hart Building

University of Liverpool

Liverpool

L3 5TQ

T: 0151 795 5975

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/

BAME Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

Disabled Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

LGBT Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

NEWS: New Sexual Orientation and Race Equality Action Plan approved. New guidance available on Supporting LGB Staff Published. New diversity eLearning modules are now live.

logos