Amazon.co.uk: Online Shopping for Electronics, Clothing, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
 Toyin Adepoju <[log in to unmask]> requested that we send this e-mail. If you have questions about Amazon.co.uk, please visit our Help Department(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/471044/ref=cm_sw_em_r_asp_m93yC.03NJV8W_h).

      Toyin writes:
  Check out what I just bought.

I understand this book  has a powerful section on the symbolism of Dogon architecture. That section seems to describe a relationship between architectural space and female procreative spaces.  I am particularly interested in this right now beceause I am studying the hermeneutics  of empty space in architecture, music, the structure of  written  texts and in scientific cosmology. The understanding of emptiness as a fecundative womb-space, to adapt a style of expression from Wole Soyinka,  recurs in various cultural forms from various cultures across time.

How are these spaces used in suggesting or stimulating fecundative experience, in which emptiness becomes a womb-space that enables the emergence of new phenomena?

This question is inspired partly by an essay I am writing on Soyinka's experiential, contemplative exploration in A Credo of Being and Nothingness, chapter XXXIII of The Man Died and the poem "Mahapralaya" in A Shuttle in the Crypt, of the idea of  the void before creation of the cosmos which is yet the source of cosmic being.

    Conversations with Ogotemmeli: Introduction to Dogon Religious Ideas (Galaxy Books)
  by Marcel Griaule

To view this item, go to:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conversations-Ogotemmeli-Introduction-Religious-Galaxy/dp/0195198212/ref=cm_sw_em_r_asp_m93yC.03NJV8W

Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this e-mail was sent; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.co.uk.
© 2011 Amazon EU Sàrl, 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg, Registered in Luxembourg, RCS No. B101818, Share Capital: 37500, Commercial No. 104408
Please note that this message was sent to the following e-mail address: [log in to unmask]