> Bourdieu's work is important but my memory (it's many years since I've > looked at his Kabyle work) is that he doesn't have a great deal to say on > religious or spiritual practices.

He does, but not as a separate category. There's a really interesting article by Bradford Verter “Spiritual Capital: Theorizing Religion with Bourdieu Against Bourdieu” Sociological Theory 21.2 June 2003, 150-174.  Verter extends and develops some of Bourdieu's ideas - really fine piece, and I recommend it to the list in general.

Verter's PhD was on the OTO and magick - some years ago now but as far as I know it hasn't been published. I have a copy and it's pretty good work.

Best,

Sam Wagar