Perhaps I should re-define my enquiry.   The Ouled Nail being a Berber Tribe perhaps I need to broaden the scope somewhat.   Therefore does anyone know of any good studies of Berber traditions in spirituality, etc..  Thanks.

Pierre Bourdieu's field work was done in North Africa and his wonderful work on symbolic capital and the "theory of practice" is strongly informed by that field work. Start with "Outline of a Theory of Practice" trans Richard Nice (Cambridge U Press, 1977 trans, 1972 original). Sections 3 and 4 in that work are probably the most useful.

Good luck,

Sam Wagar