From: Anglo-American Health Policy Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Tom Foubister
Sent: 23 December 2011 09:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UK welfare state

Dear all,

In today's BMJ Martin McKee and David Stuckler have a short article
giving a succinct outline of how the welfare state in England is
currently being eroded. The article misses the devastation underway
within local government welfare services, especially in terms of care
received at home, where the picture is most depressing of all. But if
you're interested in a good snapshot view, which also provides a take on
the US (have they got it right on the US?), here's the link.

http://www.bmj.com/content/343/bmj.d7973

Happy Christmas,

Tom

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer: http://lse.ac.uk/emailDisclaimer