From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mick Lisowski [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 November 2011 11:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Hornware

Dear Zooarchers
Are you aware of papers describing the methods of acquiring bovid horns for craft purposes? What I'm interested in is not the craft per se, but the zooarchaeological traces of any kind that stripping the horn may leave on the cores. Maybe you have information about reported archaeological examples which are believed to consist a deposit left by horncraftsmen? Maybe there are described zooethnoarchaeological cases of procedure of treating horn cores by craftsmen?
For any kind of help I would be extremely grateful.
Mick Lisowski