I propose to release a freely distributable package Bodies3D, the
software of which runs under Windows.

The software uses surveyed XYZ coordinates (northings, eastings, and
elevations) of bodies in graves - 13 points for humans and 18 points for
animals. It also caters for incomplete bodies, provided the cranium,
shoulders and hips are present.

Text files of stick figures are then generated, which can be rotated on
a computer screen.

The original motive behind writing precursors to Bodies3D were forensic
- to search for 3D patterning of bodies and skeletons in mass graves.

The current version has a more general use, being suitable for
individual bodies or skeletons, and also allowing the portrayal of
non-human animals. Associated artefacts can also be displayed as dots of
varying size and colour.

Being in pre-release draft state, I am looking for people who would be
prepared to experiment with the software, and comment on the notes that
accompany it. Demonstration files are included with the package,
allowing users to immediately see the scope of the software.

Because there may be bugs in this draft version, it is not yet ready for
general release.

If you are interested in reporting back to me on this draft version,
then please send me an email. I shall then send you a link for
downloading the draft package.

Richard Wright