From:         Richard Wright <[log in to unmask]>
To:           [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] early medieval dog with canines smoothed down
Date:         Thu, 3 Nov 2011 09:04:05 +1100

Deb

I enjoyed your extended reply, and feel a bit churlish by picking out
only one sentence for comment.

Your argument means, I imagine, that you don't attribute the
sub-parallel scratches on the dog's canine to a rasp.

So what are left with to explain them?

Gritty diet, perhaps. That is why I was hoping that Idoia could tell us
whether a microscope shows similar scratches on the occlusal surfaces of
the posterior teeth.

Richard