There was a post on collegewebeditor.com a couple of days ago about
responsive design in HE:
http://collegewebeditor.com/blog/index.php/archives/2011/11/16/top-first-responsive-websites-in-highered/

Not all that much going on so far, but there are a handful of US
institutions that have started going responsive

Cheers

Paul
--
Paul Kelly
Web Content & Design Officer, University of York

Times Higher Education University of the Year 2010