Dear All,

Heike Pichler (University of Salford) and Sue Fox (Queen Mary, University of London), with contributions by the creators of DECTE (Newcastle University), are organising an outreach workshop for English Language Teachers at the University of Salford, 18 April 2012 <http://dipvac2012.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/7267478/workshop_for_el_teachers_analysing_spoken_english.pdf>   For this  workshop, we're compiling a resource pack which includes an annotated list of on-line materials for GCSE and A-Level English Language (EL) teachers to use in the classroom and/or to help them prepare sessions on spoken language topics. Entries will include reference to the Linguistics Research Digest http://linguistics-research-digest.blogspot.com/, Emma Moore's project on Language and Identity in the National Curriculum: A Scheme of Work <http://school-of-english.dept.shef.ac.uk/langworkscheme/index.html> etc.We would be grateful if colleagues could send us before 29th February 2012 ([log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] ) further links to their own or others' resources which they think may be of interest/use to EL teachers in their teaching of spoken language. We'll acknowledge contributors' names on the material and circulate the full list on this mailing list in late April.

Many thanks,
Heike and Sue

The Variationist List - discussion of everything related to variationist sociolinguistics.

To send messages to the VAR-L list (subscribers only), write to:

To unsubscribe from the VAR-L list, click the following link:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=VAR-L&A=1