Ok, just to reiterate, here is the sequence of events as I understand it:

source /vols/grid/glite/ui/3.2.10-1/external/etc/profile.d/grid-env.sh
voms-proxy-init -valid 24:00 --voms vo.londongrid.ac.uk
myproxy-init -n -d

glite-wms-job-submit -a -o mastercodegrid.log glite-run.imperial.jdl

yes ?

The UI will default to lcgrbp01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk, but I just added
MyProxyServer  =  "lcgrbp01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk";
(I assume this machine know how to deal with londongrid ?) in the jdl
file for good measure.

Can I just renew this proxy periodically ? Not a cron job, but let's
say, I come in every morning , check out last nights crop and then run
the above commands again ?

Thanks,
Daniela