From: Starlink Software User Support [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of tcumming
Sent: 09 November 2011 21:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: slalib plante off by seconds, even minutes.

I'm trying to get ra/dec given orbital elements. My guinea-pig minor planet has been pluto. If I try other minor planets, it's really hit or miss (literally you might say :). I'm starting with an horizons ephemeris using the OE's from the header, and a JD that's in the ephemeris table. I expect to get an ra/dec for that JD in the table, but it's off by 10's of seconds, or at worse a minute.

Does anyone have similar experience with slaPlante?

tom

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK

----