On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Tim Jenness wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Sarah Casewell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I've had a similar thing happen - in the end I switched to using
>> sextractor to do the photometry as that picks up the newer co-ordinate
>> system where autophotom didn't. Not sure if that helps though. Sarah
>
> Autoastrom uses the AST frameset to work out the coordinates of the
> image that should be sent to the catalogue server. It then uses
> SExtractor to find out where all the sources are and compares those to
> the catalogue using CCDPACK.
>
> Are people saying that there are images generated by CCDPACK that do
> not contain an AST SKY frame with the correct coordinates? It is
> possible to run autoastrom using externally supplied coordinates.

Hi Tim,

probably some crossed wires here. We're talking about AUTOPHOTOM, part of
the PHOTOM package. As you know PHOTOM lives in the pre-AST days so
doesn't under RA/Dec, just pixel coordinates.

Cheers,

Peter.

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK