Yoan,

You can't test the correlation between the drug effect and plasma concentrations. You only have 1 value for the drug effect. I think what you are actually asking, are the two groups different, after accounting for plasma concentration. This is an ANCOVA and I've described different options below.

Using a single covariate means that you think the covariate has the same relationship in both groups.
Using two covariates means that you think the covariate has a different relationship in each group.

Now, when the covariate is 0 in one group, the covariate would be all 0s. Thus, it doesn't matter if you use one or two covariates. You can either let SPM form the interaction or choose not to. The interaction would model it as two columns.

Contrasts:
placebo>drug: 1 -1 0 0 (assuming 2 covariates; this takes into account plasma concentrations by decreasing the error term)
placebo<drug: -1 1 0 0
concentration+: 0 0 0 1
concentration-: 0 0 0 -1
placebo_conc>drug concentration: 0 0 1 -1 (this will be the same as negative concentration contrast since beta for placebo concentration is 0).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School