Dear SEDA colleagues,

The following event may be of interest to you and your colleagues. I would be grateful if you could forward this email on.

Inter-disciplinary Sustainability Education: Insights, Momentum and Futures

14 December 2011, Higher Education Academy, York

Facilitator: Dr Alex Ryan, Associate, HEA. Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) can be a powerful force for change through inter-disciplinary teaching and learning. In recent years, various initiatives in these fields of pedagogic development have served to unearth both huge potential to be tapped, and structural boundaries to be tackled, across the HE system. This event will share findings from eight inter-disciplinary ESD projects funded in 2010 by the HE Academy. It will involve participants in: i) professional learning from examples of innovative practice, previous initiatives and supporting research on the educational interface between sustainability and inter-disciplinarity; and  ii) consideration of emergent priorities and ways to bring these priorities to life in the new HE landscape.

Further information is available on our website at http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2011/academyevents/14_December_ESD_InsightsMomentumFutures.

You may also wish to take advantage of the HEA’s UK travel fund. More information at http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/travel-fund.

With best wishes,

Alastair Robertson

Dr Alastair D. Robertson

National Co-ordinator, Scotland

Higher Education Academy

c/o Universities Scotland

53 Hanover St.

Edinburgh

EH2 2PJ

U.K.

Tel. +44 (0)131 225 0716

Fax +44 (0)131 226 1100

Mobile +44 (0)792 0040082

http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/aboutus/scotland

Follow us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/HEA_Scotland

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131