This is a very busy time of the year for most of us, but hopefully teaching commitments are settling down now and we can start to think about other things – like submitting an abstract to the ALDinHE Conference in Leeds next April.

The call for papers closes on Monday 21st November. This will allow the steering group time to notify successful proposers and create a conference programme, ready to open for delegate bookings after Christmas.

Please take some time out in the next couple of weeks to submit a proposal. See below for further information.

We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the ninth ALDinHE Annual Conference which will be held in Leeds on 2nd – 4th April 2012.

Our theme for 2012 is "Learning Development in a Digital Age: emerging literacies and learning spaces”

Keynote Speakers

Our key note speakers are:

Professor Gráinne Conole Director, Beyond Distance Research Alliance; University of Leicester

Paul Andrews Head of Centre for Digitally Enhanced Learning (CDEL); University of Wales Newport

Call for Papers

We are now inviting proposals for paper presentations, workshops, and posters. Contributions should address the conference theme and focus on the many ways in which learning development operates in a digital age.

Further details, including a brief programme outline and an online proposal form can be found on our website at

http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/leeds12.htm

Abstracts of 250 words should be submitted by Monday November 21st using the online proposal form.

Julia Braham

Senior Academic Skills Adviser

Skills@Library

15 Blenheim Terrace