Hello to all the readers of the MRD discussion list,

We at C4DM - Centre for Digital Music at Queen Mary, University of London are happy to announce that  the website and blog of our new JISC project "Sustainable Management of Digital Music Research Data" has been live for a few days. You can find them here: http://rdm.c4dm.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/ . You can also follow us on Twitter @RDM_C4DM .

Sustainable Management of Digital Music Research Data is a six-month pilot data-management project run from 1 October 2011 to 31 March 2012. The project is funded by the JISC Programme - Research management: Managing Research Data 2011-13.

Our main objectives are: to develop an ongoing management plan for data produced during research at C4DM; to implement a system for storing and managing such data; to audit, catalogue, and manage existing data from C4DM using this system.

Being new in the area of Research Data Management, we are very much looking forward to receiving comments and suggestions from other more expert participants in the programme.

Best wishes on behalf of the RDM team at C4DM,

Marco Fabiani

Marco Fabiani
Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Centre for Digital Music
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Queen Mary, University of London
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK