A Peek into an Electronic Records Archivist’s Toolbox | Smithsonian
Institution Archives
hen it comes to electronic records there is no magic button that makes them
readable or usable on a computer. Electronic records archivists rely on all
types of hardware, software, and operating systems. Many pieces of
software, which function as an archivist’s toolbox, can help files remain
available or become usable again. Here is a small list of some open-source
and/or freely available software we use at the Smithsonian Institution
Archives. Keep in mind that tools are not perfect and should be used with
caution. Don’t forget to have backups of your files. Before we incorporate
a piece of software into our processes at the Archives, we research it by
making sure it is from a reputable group and thoroughly test it on copy
sample sets.

http://bit.ly/s50HKP

Source: http://siarchives.si.edu/blog/peek-electronic-records-archivist
’s-toolbox?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+si/vrZU+(The+Bigger+Picture)
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/s50HKP+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va