Hi Celine

When I submitted my first manuscript I got really worried about getting the covering letter 'correct', though I'm sure that the cover letters only get a glance!  I found the APA Publication Manual really helpful (http://www.apastyle.org/manual/).  If I remember correctly they even have a template in there.  Also read the journal's advice - every one is different - and be very polite.

Good luck with your paper!

Jennifer

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:59:10 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cover letter for journal submission
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Celine,

I have submitted to a few journals and as a cover letter I have only written a few lines again along the same lines that Brian has suggested saying thank you for their time etc.  If you have the time to spend on a decent covering letter it may be worth it but as I say I wrote only a few lines and many have been accepted so possibly find some middle ground such as 2 short paragraphs

Thanks

Nikki