From: Max Richards
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 'poet von Rompuy'

Trying to read the paper over breakfast, the word 'poet' hauled me up.
Ambrose Evans-Pritchard (reprinted in the Melbourne 'Age' from the
'Telegraph')
writes:

Italy’s youth are turning. Watch the footage of students chanting
"democracy"
and brandishing their "95 Theses" of Wittenberg revolt as poet Van Rompuy
tried
to speak in Fiesole.
"No to Austerity," starts the Luther List: "Troika out of Greece", "IMF and
ECB
out of Italy, Ireland, and Portugal", it goes on.
"The EU has become ever less accountable to the people of Europe. The
undemocratic structures have infiltrated the very structures of the Union,"
they
said.
Behold "the EU’s furious reaction to the Greek government’s effort to seek
popular consent over the financial stranglehold imposed on the country. No
longer are expressions of popular consent simply ignored, it is now
impermissible to consult citizens."

- oh, Ambrose is not a fan of Van R after all

I'd hoped for some new political influence from poets and poetry...

Max