I have a story -- true -- which I hope I haven't told here because I am
about to tell it

Dawn, south London, Upton 18 maybe 19 is about to enter the parental home
where he is still based, as his father comes out on his way to work

Upton Snr: You coming in from yesterday?
Upton Jnr grunts affirmatively
Upton Snr: Aren't you going to work?
Upton Jnr grunts affirmatively
Upton Snr: I dont care what you've been doing. I am not going to ask. Just
remember this when you're my age. When you feel the worst way you have
ever felt, that's the way I feel on a good day; and that's how it'll be
when you're my age. Don't worry; you get used to it

On Tue, November 22, 2011 22:36, Douglas Barbour wrote:
> Like Andrew, I can 'see' myself in some of this, max.
>

> As a friend once said, 'if, after you turn 50 (maybe 60 today?) you arent
> in some pain when you wake up, youre dead.'
>
> Doug
>

>> First Thing
>>

> Douglas Barbour
> [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
>
> http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
> http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/
>

> Latest books:
> Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
> http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
> Wednesdays'
> http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10
> .html
>

> and as you read the sea is turning its dark pages turning its dark pages.
>
> Denise Levertov

-----
UNFRAMED GRAPHICS by Lawrence Upton
42 pages; A5 paperback; colour cover