Hi Therona

Where I work and we are told in compliance with the recommendations we
verbally advise the employee at the end of the assessment of the contents
of the report i.e. what we plan to say about the presenting issue/health
status (back pain likely due to strain due to cumulative triggers), what
our current opinion is on their fitness for work, any advice we have given
about condition management and work adjustments, what the outlook is (.e.g
full recovery, recurring issue, chronic etc), answers to any speficic
questions and the Equality Act. We don;t do the report in front of them or
allow them to view it before sending. We do automatically send them a copy
though if they want one (and I just tell them i'm sending it).

Not aware of any specific issues and that will be with a few thousand cases
a week minimum being actioned this way. I've never had a specific complaint
apart from them disagreeing with my opinion on their fitness and I just
agree to state that in the report explaining that I will be giving my
rationale to my opinion as standard anyway. I did have one lady ring up
last week to our admin team advising she wanted it changed from "injured
via a fall outside work" to "injured because she was pulled over by her dog
onto pavement outside work". I advised admin to tell her that that level of
detail was not needed and the report did not need to be changed.

I have this standard paragraph at the end of all my case notes

·       Scope and detail of report discussed with client – yes (overview of
categories; clinical opinion, advisory nature)

·       Conflict with client: (Yes/No? If yes - what? - details can help
with response if complaint is made)

·       Consent to send report – yes

·       Does the client wish a copy  – yes

 Carr

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: