From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Naylor, Sharon [HMPS]
Sent: 28 November 2011 16:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] OH OR MANAGEMENT ISSUE

I wouldn't have thought that management could accommodate this level of non attendance at work for much longer - irrespective of the reasons why. Certainly very tragic - I am hoping that she has had some input from various clinical people to help her with dealing with her issues?
You don't say how old she is or what she is actually doing - this will probably have a bearing on what adjustments (if any) the employer may consider making.

It would appear from what you have said below that her problems stem from mental health issues, there may be mileage in getting her some additional support (dependant on whether management want to invest the money in it), would suggest that this needs to be quite focussed eg EMDR or CBT  but the sad fact is that she hasn't really demonstrated that she is worth investing in yet . The tragedy of these kind of cases is that they are rarely catered for - the problems are enduring and socially debilitating, but (I'll take cover now) she does need to get a grip - having a horrible past isn't an invisible cloak against getting the sack or disciplined for what is frankly a pretty appalling attendance pattern. In my experience people get "stuck" and sometimes need a bit of a boot to get them unstuck, but the sad fact is that if she gets sacked she will probably get lost in whatever system she ends up in.

Good luck!