Brilliant!

Thanks for everyone’s input. Like I say, sometimes you know what is wrong but struggle to think clearly to put it right when you have 5 million other things to think about all at the same time….

Kind regards

Lesley

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carr Barnes
Sent: 03 November 2011 12:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] OHP reports

Hi Lesley

It sounds like there could be two different things going on here that need clarifiying in your policy... is OHP is providing a "medical" report to you or is he providing an OH report to the employer? If his report is for the employer then you shouldn't need to "review it" or be involved with it. If it's a medical report to you then that's a different ball game and you would then need to discuss your advice based on the report with the employee (same as if it came from a GP) as per your policy.

Our OPs write directly to the employer; the medical info stays in the medical notes and the functional info (current and prognosis for future) goes into the report to the employer. If the OP decides to disclose diagnosis etc in the report the presumption is that he has obtained consent to do so. The employee is made fully aware of the planned contents of the report at the end of the consultation (not specifc wording but what the OP's opinion is and what advice is going to be given) as per GMC etc guidelines.

Hope that helps?

Carr