From: Narrative Inquiry where social science meets art [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of nigel short
Sent: 25 November 2011 13:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Where Art meets the Social Sciences!

As part of an earlier degree course in the 80's i was interested in how different disciplines managed the concept of 'hallucinations. There was very little literature form the social sciences and the majority of texts were, perhaps understandably from the professions of psychology and neurosciences. I was however put onto a book by Anthony Claire (In the Psychiatrists Chair fame) to wonderful tome by a Dr Critchley; Hallucinations and their impact on art. Preston; Carnegie Press. 1987. There are many pieces in their by Bosch. The Garden of Earthly Delights is a wonderful example of Boschs inventiveness, delicacy, exquisite use of colours and fantasy. I saw the original in the Museo del Prado in Madrid a few years back; a wonderful expression of the hopes and fears of his gae.