Please do try to encourage any minority users (and others!) to try this site and complete the survey…. Afiya Trust are trying to work with the site owners to make it more sensitive to the needs of our minority ethnic communities, and more useful…

Mark R D Johnson

Professor of Diversity in Health & Social Care

Mary Seacole Research Centre, DMU

Please see the following information about the Healthtalkonline website which is gathering the opinions of the BME visitors to the site by conducting an online survey.

Feel free to pass this information on to anyone that would like to participate.

Kind regards,

Chris Reid
Project Support Officer and Administrator

Phone: 0207 587 1701/582 0400
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:
www.afiya-trust.org

www.backchat.afiya-trust.org

follow @afiyatrust on Twitter!

The Afiya Trust, 27-29 Vauxhall Grove, London SW8 1SY

Text 'AFYT26 £5' to 70070 to donate and make a difference to vulnerable peoples’ lives today. JustTextGiving by Vodafone

Help us with our survey and win £100 worth of M&S Vouchers just in time for Christmas!*

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/healthalkonline

The survey should take less than five minutes to complete.

If at all possible, we would like you to have a quick look at the website and the two links below:  www.healthtalkonline.org before you take the survey and answer some questions about this.    Please note you don’t have to do this but it will help us enormously if you do!

Healthtalkonline is an award winning website which lets you share in more than 2,000 people's experiences of over 60 health-related conditions and illnesses.  There are video clips, audio clips and information about specific conditions, treatment choices and support.   We are particularly interested in your thoughts on the sections which focus on information for  BME carers and service users:

http://www.healthtalkonline.org/mental_health/mentalhealthserviceusers

http://www.healthtalkonline.org/mental_health/mentalhealthcarers

*Survey closes on 11.12.11.

Only one entry permitted per person.