On 16 Nov 2011, at 09:38, Tehmina Goskar wrote:

> ... http://www.welshcopper.org.uk ...

This seems to be an interesting, informative and attractive site.

However the primary focus seems (from my admitted brief look at it) to be the copper smelting industry around Swansea. I was disappointed by the lack of information about copper mining in north Wales - one has to follow a link to another website (RCAHMW's website Coflein system) to find a list of copper-related sites for the whole of Wales. In particular, a notable lack seems to be the omission of any mention of the development of the flotation process (at Glasdir copper mine near Dolgellau) which was of international significance.

I think it would be good if the site could be expanded to include more on the history of copper mining in Wales from the Bronze Age copper mines of Parys and Great Orme, the various 18th- and 19th-centry copper mining ventures of various size and success through to the 20th-century mining operations on Anglesey.

Dave
--
Dave Linton
01341 280901