From: "Margaret Jean Cormack" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:30:14 AM
Subject: Re: [M-R] arguments for the use of  missionaries

Greetings all,
I know I have seen - I'm pretty sure in English translation - a text in which persons confronted with non-Christians are advised how to convince them of the Christian  truth, by asking about  their gods, what was
BEFORE those gods, who created the universe in the first place, etc. Can anyone supply with the name
(and a good bibliographical reference!) for such a text, in the original or translation? Of course, there may
be more than one . . .
I'm looking for the outline of an argument, NOT thinking of Gregory the Great's letter about  turning temples into churches (though if there is a preferred translation of that, it would be good to know about.)
Happy Thanksgiving,
Meg

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

John Shinners
Professor, Schlesinger Chair in Humanistic Studies
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Phone: 574-284-4494 or 574-284-4534
Fax: 284-4855
www.saintmarys.edu/~hust

"Learn everything.  Later you will see that nothing is superfluous."     -- Hugh of St. Victor (d. 1141)

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]