Hi Mia and fellow MCGers

Thanks for the welcome to the MCG committee Mia!

I thought I'd take the opportunity to say 'Hi' to the list too, and say a little about myself for those who may be interested, as I haven't posted before.

I come most recently from the archives and libraries side of things, in particular having project managed the LOCAH Linked Data Project (http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/locah/), and more recently being involved in the Linking Lives project (http://archiveshub.ac.uk/linkinglives/).  From next year I'll be a 'Technical Innovations Coordinator' at Mimas, University of Manchester as part of their libraries and archives team.  In this role I'll be helping to create a WW1 exemplar that will hopefully include museum resources if we can make it work. Partly as a result of this specific project, but also more generally, myself and Mimas are keen to create stronger links with the museums community. The MCG committee's aim to be a discussion forum between museum, gallery, and archive professionals seems like a great opportunity and a perfect fit.  I hope I can bring a useful perspective to the committee and make a decent contribution.

I'm on twitter and LinkedIn for anyone who wants to say hello via those routes. The links are below.

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian Stevenson
UKOLN