Hi everyone,

At the moment some of the Aspire customer database servers are shared with customers of other Talis products. Our analysis shows that during peak times, write operations (such as bookmarking) can suffer from performance degradation.

Not all customers are on the same database server, so some customers may see problems when others are functioning normally.

It's important to point out that reads, such as viewing lists, are not affected. On average over the last months, taking into account the aggregate of all operations in Aspire, pages have been served on average in well under 500ms.

We have had a project in place for some time to move all Aspire customers to higher performance, dedicated database servers. This project will complete during December, after which all customers should see improved and more reliable performance for all write transactions - bookmarking, editing lists, publishing lists etc.

I'm sorry it's becoming a problem for people and that we can't offer an immediate fix, but we have been working hard behind the scenes to resolve this issue. Any other questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris