Hi John

On the first , yes I remember the promotion of Earl and the early work under the EARL initiative that Laser Started. And thank you for referring to that. I did read the chapter Joanne did, and very good it was, and I am delighted that this is another big plus for Laser and others, like yourself, and mnay other Laser members and regional members did to support a huge amount of Laser initiatives and those of Earl.

I am delighted for Joanne and grateful for OCLC for continuing this work so well.

It is a great shame that the incredible work Laser and regional bodies did has more or less been dismantled by government decisions to create MLA regions, and then destroy them. It was the early work of Laser supported by regions that got libraries onto the web in the first place.

Enough trumpet blowing.

I don’t know if Mrs Burnham knows anything about you me or anyone else’s background. And why should she.

She has been a terrific supporter of keeping public libraries alive and living, and worked very hard.

She supports the good work Tim has done, and it was Tim who was called in by the wonderful HH.

Let’s support each other, wherever we have been in the past, to keep our libraries central to communities.

Best wishes

Frances Hendrix

Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs. PR6 7QR, UK

tel: 01257 274 833. fax: 01257 266 488