Hi,

I need a bit of help please.

I've been asked to create two guides about reading for university.  The aims of the first guide are as follows:

The guide also needs to contain:

  • Analysis of purposes of reading
  • Analysis of reading techniques
  • Exercises to develop reading skills

The second guide I've been asked to do will go on to discuss the critical reading/thinking but I've not been sent any information on that yet.

So my question to the list is to ask if you have any good documents, links to websites or powerpoints that I could look at to guide me and that are not already included in the staff section of the Learn higher website?

Also, are there any particularly good mindmaps on the subject of reading? I've seen some american versions but the language used is very different to the UK.  I want to create my own but if there is something already out there which I could use, it would save a lot of time.

As ever, any help is warmly received.  If a number of things are sent/linked then I will collate them into a document for others to benefit from.

Thanks

Andy Mitchell