  From: Cherry Lewis
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:28 PM
  Subject: Another query to ponder

  I'm seeking information as to the whereabouts of any specimens from James Parkinson's (1755-1824) collection which was sold at auction in 1827; the catalogue of which has never been found. To this end, I recently unearthed a copy of 'Where is the ... collection? An account of the various natural history collections which have come under the notice of the compiler Charles Davies Sherborn' (1940).

  Sherborn lists a few of the individuals and institutions that bought specimens at the auction and at the end of this list says: Rev. Thos. Image.

  Anyone any idea what this might mean? Did the Rev Thomas purchase an image of Parkinson at the sale, do you think? Anyone know who the Rev Thomas might be?

  And finally, what is the full title of the journal abbreviated as Min. Conch.?

  Look forward to your replies.

  Best

  Cherry

  --