FW: Image identification Hopefully someone can recognise this elegant man for Hellen at the NHM

Regards

Dick
------ Forwarded Message
From: Hellen Pethers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:24:47 -0000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Conversation: Image identification
Subject: Image identification

[Dear Dick, please can you post this plea round?]

Dear HOGG members,

We have found the attached painting in our store and are trying to find out who it might be.

The painting (see PDF attached) is unsigned. The only labels on the back are ‘Unknown Man’ and the name of Dr Claringbull. Although Dr Claringbull’s time as Mineralogy Keeper (1953-1968).

We wondered whether it could be a young Murchison, but all the images we have are of him as an older man.

What do you think? Any ideas who it might be?

Best regards

Hellen

Hellen Pethers
Assistant Librarian (Reader Services)