>>This is very strange. Isn't retaining a record of planning history - back to 1947 - an essential part of an LPA's function?

Certainly not up here. It is, of course, a regular issue when members of the public want to know how and why a decision was made in the 1980s or 1990s, but no, we don’t keep it any more.

>>Our planners have just had all their recent planning history files digitised (last 10 years or so), and the original microfiche for the earlier applications are stored with the scanning company and will be digitised on request (at the expense of whoever needs the information).

We do have a digital version of planning decisions going back to the late 1990’s, but that’s all – and pre-2007 the accompanying documentation is not scanned in, nor is it ever likely to be.

Also (plug) we have had a large proportion of the pre-1948 building applications for Worcester digitised as part of an HER21 project.

No HER21 up here ;) , and certainly no guidance from the national body.

Andy

Andrew Nicholson

HER Officer

Dumfries and Galloway Council
Planning and Environment (Archaeology)
Newall Terrace, Dumfries, DG1 1LW

Tel: 01387 260154   (int. 64154)
Fax: 01387 260149
+ <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
. Drop Point 228

http://www.historicchurchyards.co.uk/  - a new resource on historic graveyards in Dumfries and Galloway

Any email message sent or received by the Council may
require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions
of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

P  SAVE PAPER - Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary