Thanks! Does Adobe Professional work OK for creating PDF/a files in the first instance (eg converting from Word)? How about Adobe Standard (as I’m unlikely to be allowed to have Professional any more)? I’m worrying about all sorts of things now, like our office scanner for example which creates PDF files but I have no idea whether they are more or less archivally stable as the PDFs created by Adobe. I’m also thinking about this in terms of requiring third parties to submit reports to us in PDF/a format and how easy that would be for them to do.

Best wishes

Sylvina