Excellent.

On 28 November 2011 10:59, Alessandra Forti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

Manchester is in production since Saturday with glite 3.2 DPM 1.8.2 and mysql 5.5.

I had a small problem with avahi users UIDs conflicting with the info system ones which didn't happen when I installed the test machine. I couldn't remove avahi completely because of a silly chain of dependencies that avahi -> redhat-lsb -> bdii. I removed it and let the bdii reinstall it. It occupied other UIDs this time. For people who really want this stuff out of the way (like I do) rpm -e --nodeps is the only way if you don't want to remove also lsb_release and related utilities.

We tend to roll out a centrally managed list of users, and then disable anything that tries to create new ones.
Which does cause some complexity when managing new services, but seems to prevent this kind of thing more often.

Dropping the requests tables before dumping the database for transfer was a bit of a pain. It took 6-7 hours, not days but still I wish I had planned it better.

Yeah, it's still the request table which is horrible. Upgrading to EMI from glite3.2 on SL5, "in place" seems to work, however, and that way you can keep the same DB.

Sam

I'll write a blog later.

cheers
alessandra