When I started out in museums I had to do two minimum wage shop jobs as
well as voluntary work while doing my MA through distance learning. If
there had been opportunities like the one being offered by the BM near
to where I lived I would have applied in an instant. It's the sort of
job that is a stepping stone to getting experience to move up for the
hundreds of museum studies students currently working for minimum wage
whilst or after completing their course.

Eileen Atkins
Renaissance Regional Learning Team
Learning Officer: Professional Development
Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum
Buddle Street
Wallsend
Wallsend NE28 6HR